With 77% of searchers starting their search on google, it is crucial for businesses to optimize their online content to ensure they are one of the first links on the viewers results page. This is where SEO, short for search engine optimization, comes into play. Breaking the term down, search engine optimisation is the process of optimizing your online content so that a search engine shows it as a top result when searching for a certain keyword. SEO is the practice of increasing both the quality and quantity of website traffic as well as exposure to your brand through non-paid, organic search engine results.
- 67 thousand searches are performed on Google every second (SEOTribunal, 2019)
- 58% of those searches come from mobile (SEOTribunal, 2019)
- 93% of all online experiences begin with a search engine
- Google dominates the search engine market, maintaining an 87% market share as of January 2020 whilst receiving 2.3 trillion searches this year (Statista, 2020)
- 62% of Gen Z and millennial consumers want visual search more than any other new technology