As much as the digital world is all about work work work, it’s never a bad idea to have some time to reflect, absorb some new information and adjust. Take a look at some of these stats on your much needed mental break:
- 93% of all online interactions start with a search engine (77% of which, is Google) – and if that’s a statistic that doesn’t highlight the importance of SEO, I’m not quite sure what will. (Source: Lauro Media)
- Staying on SEO – 72% of online marketers consider high-quality content creation as the most efficient SEO tactic – Which when you think about it, makes sense. It’s not always about ticking all the boxes…
- Over HALF of all online purchases are now completed using mobile devices – mobile shopping on the go has exploded! Commerce stores without a responsive website that works on mobile risk getting left in the digital dust
- According to HubSpot, 71% of customers who receive a good experience with a brand on social media are likely to recommend it – so as much as the digital world is taking off, at the end of the day being a decent, human company always pays off 🙂
- Video has become the most commonly used format in content marketing, overtaking blogs and infographics. (Source: HubSpot) – video has become the new king of content. Top Tip: Video doesn’t always have to be filmed, you can use things like animations or GIFs to still get that video impact, without the huge spend of time.
- Bit of a shocking one – 16% of all Facebook profiles are fake or duplicates. Looking at that from a percentage perspective that’s not that many, but when you put a number to it that’s 456 million accounts!
- Videos on Instagram get 21.2% more interactions compared to images, and 18.6% more interactions compared to carousels – see point above about video being really awesome! Instagram is a visual only platform, so being eye-catching and attention-grabbing is super, super important. If you’re struggling in terms of content, click here for more info
- Tweets with hashtags get 100% more engagement – pretty simple and straightforward, use hashtags on twitter #dontspam
- Personalising emails results in a transactional rate that can be up to 6 times higher than non-personalised emails – this comes back to the idea of being a decent, human company paying off. Who would’ve thought that having your outward communication sounding like a corporate robot wouldn’t sit well with people…
- A futuristic final fact – 55% of teens and 44% of adults use voice search on a daily basis. Soon we won’t even have to lift a finger! (Source: Omnicore Agency)
Hopefully these facts have spiked your interested and given you something to talk about the next time you’re in the office – or even better at the pub! (Whenever that may be)